About Me

Hampton Roads Peninsula Region, Virginia, United States
I was the LCC for the Cultural Care Au pair group on the Hampton Roads Peninsula. This site tells you a bit more about what we did in our group.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Hello from Parris Island, SC






Here is Maureen posing for all of us to take pictures. I like this one because it has the flag in it.












So I just wanted to post some pictures from my trip to the Marine Boot camp in South Carolina. I met up with Maureen and I got to see some of her Platoon Mates.




Maureen said to say "THANK YOU" to all of you for writing the cards it meant a lot to her and the other girls.









She also told me that even so she got in trouble for it (the reporter called the Drill Sergant - which was not to happy about having to answer questions for an article) it was worth the smiles it brought to everyones face. However I believe getting in your face is part of the Drill Sergants job describtion.












Here is a picture of my former Host family also know as my American Family. They are great and always make me feel like I am part of their family even now 10 years later.




From Left to Right Grandma Diane, Oma Jo, Mom Joanne, Dad Jeff, kids Maureen, Erin and Mitchell and Papa Mel.







And here me and "my Kids". I still can't believe they are so grown up. I mean it feels like it was yesterday when Erin and I went to tea parties at her preschool and I went to soccer matches of Maureen and Mitchell. Now Maureen is a US Marine, Mitch and Erin are both in Highschool. Times flies.

No comments: